We take care of our Drivers
- Health, Dental and Life insurance
- Home daily, flexible start times
- Assigned Equipment
- Uniforms (free)
- 100% Company Paid Profit Sharing /401K
- Vacation & Holiday pay
- Direct Deposit
Requirements for P&D:
- Minimum Age 22 years at the time of application
- Valid Class A CDL
- Drivers must have 1 year verifiable Tractor-Trailer Experience
- Clean driving recordL
- HAZMAT Endorsement is a BIG PLUS!
- *NOTE- YOU WILL BE LOADING & UNLOADING FREIGHT!
- Perform pre and post trip inspections on company vehicles as required and ensure their safe operation. All issues must be reported as required.
- Deliver products on a safe & timely basis.
- Establish and maintain contact with supervisors and coworkers.
- Perform any other duties as required by management.
- Ensure compliance with all DOT Safety Regulations.
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
Requirements Essential Job Duties Physical Requirements::
- Must meet D.O.T. physical requirements.
- Must be able to perform various physical activities to include frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and overhead work.
- Must be physically capable to operate all applicable company equipment safely
Southwestern Motor Transport
In 1930, Roy Gilbert Sr. started Gilbert Truck Line in Cotulla, TX with one used truck serving San Antonio, TX to Cotulla, TX. During 1940, He was able to secure authority to serve Laredo and the Mexican border. Through the 1940s, the fleet grew to about 50 pieces of equipment. In 1950, Mr. Gilbert purchased Southwestern Motor Transport (SMT) Inc., and merged the two companies. This brought the fleet to just over 100 units.
By 1953, service to Corpus Christi and The Rio Grande valley was initiated. Internal growth and development followed through the sixties and seventies. Deregulation in 1981 allowed S.M.T. to extend service to surrounding states, the Midwest, and the Southeast.
Currently, we serve the eastern half of the U.S.A. in truckload and LTL. We also perform thru service between Mexico, Canada, and the United States.